Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2015

My design of an Origami parrot!

The parrots enjoy a view of the waterfall from beneath, nestled among the palm fronds!

Complete view of the class project

Close-up snapshot of a side view
 This is my Origami class project this week: "Parrot-dise" beneath a waterfall while sitting among the palm fronds and tree branches of the rainforest!

The Origami parrot is my original design (which I created specifically for this project) and the leaves are a common leaf model. Both the leaves and branch come from the same model...the branch is kept folded flat and the leaves model is created by folding the branch in half and glued together in the center. The waterfall is simply hand cut from colored copy paper and then it's done!

During my classes I enjoy teaching the kids about different aspects of my chosen theme and this week we'll be concentrating on the parrots. Many times I learn something new from the kids which is awesome and makes the project that much more fun to make.

The kids are a great inspiration for me and oftentimes make their own adjustments to the project (which I highly encourage) and this starts a sort of dominoe effect of creativity with one kid's ideas sparking another kid's idea and so on. We could probably continue adding to our weekly displays for hours from all of the cool ideas but, alas, we only have an hour! Luckily, since the kids take home their projects every week, they are free to keep on folding and cutting and creating as they wish! And they really do, as I'm told!





No comments:

Post a Comment