Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Decoupaged cigar box project








Here, I typed up her name using an old-fashioned font for a fun personal touch


This is a cigar box I collaged for my Stepmother for a Christmas present. She is an expert knitter and I wanted to make something personal and unique to her passions. I am a HUGE fan of vintage images and search the internet madly for old adverts, botanical subjects and basically anything which I can print out and glue down onto something. For this project I found tons of really cool knitting images and once I chose the ones I wanted, I resized them, printed them out and cut them up.  Then, all that was left was deciding how to organize the images and glue them down with gel medium. Done!

It is so fun to use old cigar boxes for decoupage, collage or art display and whenever I am running low on my own stash I go down to the local cigar shop and buy empty ones for about $4 a piece. They make great art projects with kids and also fabulous gifts!



No comments:

Post a Comment