Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

This week's Origami class project: rainforest frogs enjoying a bromeliad plant!

My design of a modular Origami bromeliad plant



A few colorful rainforest frogs make their home inside this paper habitat!

I decided the modular version was too complex for my students so I made a simpler version here.

My design of an Origami frog for this week's class project.



We are concentrating on the Rainforest this month so this week we are making a rainforest frog habitat inside a bromeliad plant! I added a few fancy tongues to some of the frogs using patterned twist ties so they can be bent in any position the kids desire! Since the kids enjoy movable parts, I also added a paper spring to the project which can be easily glued to the bottom of the frogs and give them a little lift, so to speak! This happens frequently: new parts of the project are added throughout the week due to the children having such magnificent ideas. I love integrating their ideas into the class as it helps give them a sense of increased self-worth and accomplishment plus they're great ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment