Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Origami Mami original design Origami Monarch Butterfly picture tutorial!

Get yourself a square piece of monarch butterfly paper...



Fold it in half diagonally


Fold it in half again


Fold downwards a tiny, baby triangle from the corner which comes off from the folded edge


Unfold that tiny, baby triangle (this is your pre-crease for the next fold)


Following the "v" crease push corner paper inwards following crease lines


Directly beneath the "v" tucked in paper, fold opposite corner downwards to meet the bottom of this "v"


Pleat fold this section upwards


Rotate paper 180 degrees and fold in half, aligning outside raw edges


Fold top, lower, outer raw edge from the left to the right to meet the folded edge


Repeat step 10 to other side


Gently unfold both wings and you're done!



This Origami monarch is my own design as far as I know. It is possible it has been made before due to the simplicity of the model but this is what I do best...make simple Origami models for my beginner Origami students. I wanted to offer this picture tutorial of this model as a teaser for my future projects. I design many of my Origami models for my courses and probably have designed around 75 or so over the past few years. I hope you will enjoy making your own Monarch butterflies!




This is the image I used to make the Monarch butterfly print and I am offering it here for you to use in your own personal projects. The photograph comes from Michael Sewell. To use it, click on the image then click "save as" under your computer's files tab and save it to your computer wherever you like. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment